As a Software-as-a-Service app, CallPlease has always been well-positioned to move to a work-from-home operational model. We are dependent on the work of Amazon Web Services to keep the lights on, but otherwise all CallPlease employees and contractors are working from remote locations and maintaining regular schedules. Everyone is being paid as usual with the slight trade-off of having to make your own coffee in exchange for not having to commute. We have already had a few scares, but so far everyone at CallPlease and our families are safe.
We realize, we are the lucky ones.
If you can take this time off and focus on family, friends, or your fragile humanity, please do. Either way, please follow the guidance of the WHO and #DoTheFive:
- HANDS Wash them often
- ELBOW Cough into it
- FACE Don’t touch it
- FEET Stay more than 3ft apart
- FEEL sick? Stay home
Special thanks to our good friends at Google for putting this in the steady stream of all things search: https://www.google.com/search?q=coronavirus+tips&fbx=dothefive
If you are a CallPlease user, you probably realize that all of our functionality goes with you everywhere you can get on the internet. Hopefully that includes your home.
We would like to help
To help with medical and government coordination at this time, we are extending this offer to all valid governmental and medical organizations through the end of 2020. Free Access with Increased Support. It’s the least we could do.The CallPlease team.
For those that need to stay productive during this time time, we’d like to offer our services and assistance. For your friends, colleagues and other assorted folks you can no longer get within 6 feet of, we would like to help them use CallPlease through the end of April 2020 for free – consider it an extended trial. To take advantage of this:
- Send a link to this page to one of the aforementioned professionals in your sphere, maintaining a healthy perimeter at all times.
- New COVID-19 Relief Plan users should then sign-up for the CallPlease Trial, either through the CallPlease app or by going to this page:https://webapp.callplease.com/create-account/create-account.html [If you want to join your current company account, talk to someone internally, but no need to wait. Get started and we’ll sort things out later.]
- Once you have created your account, send a note to CallPlease Support and mention that you want to join the COVID-19 Relief Plan Extended Trial (or anything along those lines). Contact CallPlease Support here to extend the trial until the end of April 2020. [https://webapp.callplease.com/contact-support.html]
- Get help setting up your CallPlease account for maximum productivity by either scheduling a session or joining on of our Office Hours sessions
- Anytime you need to ask a human being a question about CallPlease, you can set up a conversation here: https://calendly.com/jhaviland/callplease-quickstart
- If, at some time, you prefer to join the rest of your organization as a CallPlease subscriber, you will need to get the approval of the Account Administrator on your side. They can request us to merge your account into the company account.
We are using our reclaimed commute time to speed up our posting of helpful articles and videos here on Learn.CallPlease.com
Stay Safe. Work from Home #WFH #StayHome