*FireFox has some really awesome features that unfortunately also can make using a SaaS app like CallPlease less pleasurable.
Some CallPlease users that use FireFox have inadvertently set things so that all their cookies and whatnot are erased after every session. As it turns out, some of those cookies do useful things like maintain a connection with CallPlease so you don’t have to log in all the time or get thrown to the home page. In particular, there is a setting called Clear history when Firefox closes.
In case you use Clear history when Firefox closes or otherwise clear history.
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Firefox will: “Use custom settings for history”: [X] “Clear history when Firefox closes” -> Settings
- clearing “Site Preferences” clears exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, and software installation and exception for password and other website specific data
- clearing “Cookies” will remove all selected cookies including cookies with an “Allow” exception you may want to keep
You can use these steps to make a website recognize and remember you:
- you can create an “Allow” exception to keep specific cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Options/Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Cached Web Content: “Clear Now”: Exceptions
Special thanks to our CTO, Alan for sorting this one!
Good internet hygiene is important but be careful not to throw the SaaS out with the bath water.