We update CallPlease every week. Many of the mobile app changes need to be grouped together and released less frequently because the testing and release process is a bit more taxing on us. Without going deep into technical details, we reduce the need for mobile app updates by making more of the magic happen in Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that live in the ethers.
April 7 2020
- Desktop Notifications now fully operational for Safari, Edge, and Firefox. Due to the way Chrome deals with notifications, clicking on the notification will not take you to the Calls page. All other browsers do direct you to the Calls page. This feature is not available on Internet Explorer (stop using that!)
- Some code clean-up cut a full second out of the page load on the Calls page!
March 24 2020
- New iOS app is staged that includes fixes and updates behind the scenes
- Begin the process of updating the Android app to deal with some incompatibilities across vendors and operating systems
March 18 2020
- vCard downloads: You can now download address books in vCard format!
- Fixed an encoding issue that was converting spaces to the HTML equivalent %20
- Began a project to convert ancient Perl code to modern shiny Java code to help with managing server load.
11 March 2020
- A new iOS update is queued that updates the SSO screen to comply with Apple’s new multi-app viewing requirements and fixes a bug that fails to load calls when the app is first launched (you just need to pull down to get them to load, but it’s just poor form)
- Changes to Apache configuration to better handle the surge of requests we get at the start of each and every day
- The new vCard export/import function is in testing that will allow for easier movement of contacts between account and applications
12 February 2020
- Updated iOS app queued with updated to Transfer Call and Assign Call actions to allow assignment to Call Logs that the user is not a member of.
- Address Book integration with Google Contacts would fail to capture new Company names under certain circumstances. Now fully functional
- Further clarity on aspects of contact updates with Office365 and Google Contacts. A full note will be published for users
4 February 2020
- Timing on contact importing, both through upload and cloud integration where updated to allow list over 2,000 contact (you don’t really know that many people)
- A number of deprecated and unused jscript calls have been removed
- Integration links updated
29 January 2020
- A glitch in the Trial process was fixed, allowing trial emails to begin flowing again and the automation around trial ending to restart. This reminded a lot of people to subscribe. Thanks for that.
- The pdf printing of call logs wasn’t responsive to the call sorting preferences. For privacy reasons, we can’t support name sorting (we would have to break our super secret codes) but the more commonly used Date sorting is now supported
22 January 2020
- HBO Web app updated to latest add a call screens
- Bug squashed that kept Assign Call from recognizing all the Shared Call Logs as options in the web app
- Update to iOS app is queued that will fix a bug that prevented some Transfer Call and Assign Call options from presenting in the Call Action screen
15 January 2020
- Adjustments made to API and script timing to better support huge address books in Google Contacts (>12,000)
- Learning Center (https://www.learn.callplease.com) now available on the Calls screen
- Demo and Support scheduling links now on all pages.