We update CallPlease every week. Many of the mobile app changes need to be grouped together and released less frequently because the testing and release process is a bit more taxing on us. Without going deep into technical details, we reduce the need for mobile app updates by making more of the magic happen in Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that live in the ethers.
9 March 2021
- Server infrastructure updates to make everything more awesome
- Headlines now default to editable versions of previous headline
12 February 2021
- Additional modifications to the text notes to recognize URLs and make them into hypertext
- Click-to-Dial support for a wider range of VoIP systems
16 December 2020
- iOS Update includes fixes to the tab naming. Customer tab names should work on all log types now.
- Text prompts for FileMaker Pro archive import fixed to better explain the process
- Testing on Click-to-dial extensions for all major (V1) VoIP systems will be compete by EOY but will be on-going as more are released
24 November 2020
- An error in the Recurring Calls page was fixed that kept some users from adding Recurring Calls to Shared Call Logs. Fixed. Remember to call your friends and family this week and as often as you need reminders.
- Google has seen fit to re-enable a version of the CallPlease Android App in the Play Store. This is not the current version and we have not been able to decipher the opaque feedback from Google as to why our other version is not currently available. We are working on it.
30 October 2020
- CSV importing into Call Logs is now fully operational and nearly bullet proof. The importer is designed to work with FileMaker Pro exports. More on the importer here: https://learn.callplease.com/2020/11/10/import-call-archives-including-filemaker-pro/
25 September 2020
- New version of the iOS app fixes issues with having the right Shared Call Logs available in all the right places
- Fixed an issue that kept Disabled Shared Call Logs on your web side bar past their useful life.
8 September 2020
- Cookies now retain a memory of the last Log you were working with. This is particularly helpful if you have access to a large number of logs but mostly work with one. The last log you were working with will be the one that opens when you return!
- Lots of little clean-up on the back end!
- Google has decided that we need to do more to communicate the functionality of the upload feature in the Android app. We are working to resolve this.
12 August 2020
- We have added Google account authentication to CallPlease. You can now use your Google account to log into CallPlease without needing to remember your CallPlease password. You can also use Google credentials to create a CallPlease account. This feature will be further documented in a forthcoming post.
- Work is nearly complete on the Call Log importer. Version 1 will allow users to import archives from FileMaker Pro or PhoneSlips so they are searchable from the Call Log search function.
14 July 2020
- The Editable tabs feature is live. Tab labels can now be used to designate process stages or categories of activities or, well anything. See more about Tab editing here
- Tab color editing has been requested and is in the works
2 June 2020
- Very close to having the editable tabs feature locked a loaded. Web code is done and in test this week!
- Fixed a bug that kept notifications from happening if you have logged in on both iOS and Android devices
- Enterprise customers can now request conversion of users from Assistant to Executive. Named account representatives should contact jim@ to request these changes.
19 May 2020
- iOS app updated to squash some bugs and try desperately to keep up with Apple’s world view, including a challenge we had with phone numbers that didn’t really have a label
- Android app gets another quick update to clean-up some bugs
- Work has begun on editing tab names (as often requested)
- Backend fixes to make google search a bit more effective
5 May 2020
- A bug was squashed that inhibited some admin users from deleting users
- A very old bug that kept calls listed in a search window from updating their appearance when edited or when a Call Action was applied. Now the call is updated and the search is run again.
- The new Android app is up and available for the world to enjoy.
April 21 2020
- Final preparation for the new Android app includes lots of behind-the-scenes compliance and rights updates that will fix a number of issues but.more excitingly, will allow for you to select the app you want to use to place calls – including VoIP apps or conferencing apps like Cisco Webex, Skype or Microsoft Teams.
- Some improvements to the trial process have been added
April 7 2020
- Desktop Notifications now fully operational for Safari, Edge, and Firefox. Due to the way Chrome deals with notifications, clicking on the notification will not take you to the Calls page. All other browsers do direct you to the Calls page. This feature is not available on Internet Explorer (stop using that!)
- Some code clean-up cut a full second out of the page load on the Calls page!
March 24 2020
- New iOS app is staged that includes fixes and updates behind the scenes
- Begin the process of updating the Android app to deal with some incompatibilities across vendors and operating systems
March 18 2020
- vCard downloads: You can now download address books in vCard format!
- Fixed an encoding issue that was converting spaces to the HTML equivalent %20
- Began a project to convert ancient Perl code to modern shiny Java code to help with managing server load.
11 March 2020
- A new iOS update is queued that updates the SSO screen to comply with Apple’s new multi-app viewing requirements and fixes a bug that fails to load calls when the app is first launched (you just need to pull down to get them to load, but it’s just poor form)
- Changes to Apache configuration to better handle the surge of requests we get at the start of each and every day
- The new vCard export/import function is in testing that will allow for easier movement of contacts between account and applications
12 February 2020
- Updated iOS app queued with updated to Transfer Call and Assign Call actions to allow assignment to Call Logs that the user is not a member of.
- Address Book integration with Google Contacts would fail to capture new Company names under certain circumstances. Now fully functional
- Further clarity on aspects of contact updates with Office365 and Google Contacts. A full note will be published for users
4 February 2020
- Timing on contact importing, both through upload and cloud integration where updated to allow list over 2,000 contact (you don’t really know that many people)
- A number of deprecated and unused jscript calls have been removed
- Integration links updated
29 January 2020
- A glitch in the Trial process was fixed, allowing trial emails to begin flowing again and the automation around trial ending to restart. This reminded a lot of people to subscribe. Thanks for that.
- The pdf printing of call logs wasn’t responsive to the call sorting preferences. For privacy reasons, we can’t support name sorting (we would have to break our super secret codes) but the more commonly used Date sorting is now supported
22 January 2020
- HBO Web app updated to latest add a call screens
- Bug squashed that kept Assign Call from recognizing all the Shared Call Logs as options in the web app
- Update to iOS app is queued that will fix a bug that prevented some Transfer Call and Assign Call options from presenting in the Call Action screen
15 January 2020
- Adjustments made to API and script timing to better support huge address books in Google Contacts (>12,000)
- Learning Center (https://www.learn.callplease.com) now available on the Calls screen
- Demo and Support scheduling links now on all pages.