As we have written about in many other posts, there are fundamental differences between Assistant users in CallPlease and Executive users. Most importantly: Assistants don’t get there own Address Books or Call Logs. Executives can’t get access to other Executives private Call Logs. Because of this, we don’t have a good way to to “convert” an Assistant user to an Executive user. However, if there’s a will, there’s a way. You will need to have Company Admin rights to do anything about this stuff.
If you are an Assistant and you need to go on being an Assistant for other Executives but also need to have your own personal Call Log, the intended path is for you to establish a Shared Call Log in your name. Any user can be added to a Shared Call Log, so you can have Assistants or collaborators who are other Assistants or Executives. This gives you the most flexibility and is the path we intend for users going forward.
If you will not be supporting other Executives and you want our good ole fashioned Exec experience, follow this procedure:
- Log in and go to the People menu (under the Gear icon)
- Edit the email address of your account, changing it to something fake (it won’t matter in a few minutes) or to an alternative email address.
- Add yourself, using your real email address, as a new Executive.
- Log out
- You will have received a new Welcome email (check SPAM). Follow the link to set your password and log in.
- Go back to that People menu and DELETE (trash can) that Assistant account.
There are, of course, lots of variation on this. If you have a new Assistant taking your place, you can just change the name and email on your user account to theirs once you have your freshly minted Executive user account.
For users that need to have a private Call Log and still be able to Assist other Executives, the key is to create yourself a Shared Call Log and use it like a private log.